Thursday

The Road

Views


The Road by Cormac McCarthy is by far one of my favourite books of all time and initially, I was hugely excited at the idea of a big-screen adaptation of it but now...after watching the trailer...I am a little concerned.
I didn't even watch the entire trailer because, honestly, I couldn't stomach it. Going from the very drawn out (in a good way) and intense (in a subtle way) style with which McCarthy tends to write...this over the top Hollywood trailer just didn't sit well with me.
Furthermore, the book never specifies what the "disaster" was and the role played by Charlize Theron was much, much smaller in the book.
I'm undecided as to whether or not I will go see this movie. I'm slightly disappointed that the film seems to not have the same ambiance as the book...whatsoever.


In other news...since I feel like a pirate today I decided to post a Gogol Bordello video. Gypsy, pirate, all the same for today.

"Wonderlust King" from the 2007 release Super Taranta! on SideOneDummy.