Thursday

Today in Drawing 1...

Views

We did a first round critique on our next assignment, which is to design a letter of the alphabet. Apparently mine (which I don't have a picture of because it's just a template) doesn't look enough like a Y...but I think it does so I won't change it much, if at all. We also took down our old assignment, a charcoal drawing of an out of focus image projected onto a screen, and put up the "4x4" assignment.


Out of focus charcoal drawing. I quite like it.


4 by 4. First one is breaking the objects down into simple, clean geometric shapes. Not pretty, but interesting. Second one is a graphite drawing that I'm really proud of. Third is charcoal. I decided to cross-hatch the majority of it which was fun. I'd never used cross-hatching with charcoal so it was something new. The fourth one is a very quick painting done with India ink and white conte drawn over top. Overall I'm really pleased with the result.
(Not a very good quality photograph)