Wednesday

Today in Mixed Media...

Views

We focussed on line drawings, particularly gesture and contour.


60 second gesture drawing of some jug the prof brought in.


30 second gesture from memory of an orchid, which is one of my favourite flowers. Explains why I have four of them. I like to do fast gesture drawings a lot.


3 minute gesture of some makeup tools. The perspective is a bit off on the eyelash curler but other than that I was really happy with this.


Contour drawing of my hand in three sizes overlapped. Initially, I drew my hand quite small and it didn't look very interesting at all so I drew it larger and then larger again and I'm happy with the result.



Blind contours. They're one of my favourite things to do, which was shocking to the rest of the class. I think they're always interesting and a challenge for me seeing as I am quite impatient and the slower you draw the better it looks. Everyone was so upset that their drawings looked nothing like their hand...but I just figure that means you did a good job.


Experimenting at the end of the class with carbon transfer paper. Fun. It's Monopoly time at Mc D's!